Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Six fish at Willard 10/14/02
Well this was a slow day at Willard, we started fishing at 12:30 but no fish until 2:00pm. We caught two wipers east of the feed lot in 12ft of water. We went over to the light pole and caught one and then back to the east shore and caught one more. On the way in I caught a two inch shad casting in the channel. Everyone that we talked to that had fished the morning had no luck at all. Oh yea, that sixth fish, between the third and forth wiper I caught a 25inch, 6pound walleye casting a producer. Like I said it was a slow day but that walleye not only made my day, it made my year. I told Kent earlier this year that I could not seem to catch a walleye at Willard but this year has changed all that. The wiper fishing
has been slow this year but the walleye fishing was great. WH2 PS. all the wipers we caught were around 4lbs and 19in. PSS. I posted the picture on the wall of fame under curtis S
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I went and voted for your fish pic on the wall of fame. Nice walleye! I'm glad someone got to get out and go fish. Some of us didn't get the holiday off![Tongue][/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks, I tried to vote myself but I already voted for Old Coot's fish, so I can't vote for my own fish.
[signature]
Yes, it was a great day for walleye but it was slow for wipers.
Good luck this evening and as it gets closer to sundown try the
eastern shore line right near the corner, sounds like you will be there at the best time. WH2
[signature]
[size 1]"Well this was a slow day at Willard"[/size]

[size 1]Six fish at Willard is a slow day! Six fish is not a slow day at Willard for some of us. A fisherman I know very well (myself) would be thrilled to have a six-fish-slow-day at Willard![/size]

[size 1]Kent[/size]
[signature]
Curt, you can vote for multiple fish if you want. When you enter a pic of your own, it automatically gives it the first rate for you. But you can vote once for every other fish pic in the entire months entries if you want. Thats unfortunate too because I have a walleye in there this month as well, but mine was only four and a half pounds. Caught out of willard though. I will have to go give it a rate.
[size 4]WH2, There is an article in last months edition of The In-Fisherman magazine that is pretty good on timing the fall walleye migrations. if you are interested in catching a few more of the toothy critters, you may find it interesting. You can pick one up, or just borrow my copy. Hopefully this fall will be as good as the spring was for the willard walleyes. [/size]