Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rod Set Up For Striper Fish'n
[cool] Thanks to tubeN2, I got my bait (anchovies)..Now all I need to know how long of a Rod and how lb test...Any recommendation would be helpful.
[signature]
I would recommend a baitcast setup. Rod and reel. Try something in the 12 to 25lb range and perhaps a 6 1/2 to 8 foot rod. It depend on the size of the stripers in your area.

15 to 25lb line would work as well.

In my area, there are stripers that range from 4lb to 50+lbs. Any of them can be caught on 12lb line if you work your boat and drag correctly.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile] Thanks tubeN2...A buddy of mine showed me a pic of one he caught and it was 30lbs
[signature]
[Wink] Great tip regarding the rod set-up. But what do I do if there are no "strippers" in my area. There are some "stripers," but they hang out in lakes, not nightclubs. And that's the naked truth!
[signature]
Thanks for catching the typo. What kind of fish are in your area?? There are some rod and reel combos that are good for all around smaller species but then again, many people prefer to have different rods for different species.

Please let me know what species are there and what kind of gear you have now. It will make it easier for me to recommend something for you.[cool]
[signature]
[reply]
Thanks for catching the typo. What kind of fish are in your area?? There are some rod and reel combos that are good for all around smaller species but then again, many people prefer to have different rods for different species.

Please let me know what species are there and what kind of gear you have now. It will make it easier for me to recommend something for you.[cool][/reply]
[signature]