Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jiffy Lube Scam
If you've ever been or plan to go to jIFFY lUBE, dont miss this:
[url "http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx"][#0016ff]http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx[/#0016ff][/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Theangler,

That link is not working.
[signature]
Is it working now?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
yes it is,now i can understand how they can charge cheap prices for an oilchange.they just dont do it[mad]
[signature]
Holy Crap!! I'm glad I stopped going to them over a year ago!!!!

They caused me to have to pay $1500 in car repairs to replace my oil pan after they stripped the threads on the drain plug hole so the plug could not go back in! [mad][mad][mad]
[signature]
Un-friggin-believable! Thanks for the heads up mike.
[signature]
$1500 WOW you were robbed,they make a repair plug that is ment for stripped pans ,its $10.00 at an auto parts store
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]That's why you do it yourself. I used to work at a car dealership way back when. We had a lady come in complaining about her car...well long story short, she had taken it to a jiffy-lube to get her oil changed and somehow they changed the oil out alright, but they forgot to put oil back into it.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
my ma used to take her van in to get her oil changed about every couple months. one day "just a cuple days after a change she ran over a peice of metal in her drive and needed an emediat tire change, that was when my dad saw the oil filter covered in what looked like a couple years of crud.

he did he best to get it off to no avail, that was when I had to go at it with a chizle and a torch to cut off the main body of the filter and hamered chizled and torched the filter seet to get it off, needless to say it took a couple hours.

twenty years later, I forgot about it and started using their service, " oil and lube" shortly after an oil and lube change I had to replace the calipers and pads, that was when I noticed that my joints and univercels were all dry socketed.

so unless you know the kid working there well enough where you can trust him or you are willing to crawl underthere to inspect thier work this place is a good place to avoid.

I have seen in the news that this is not the only place that is doing this. if you are on a hiway and you need to stop for service, drive away from the eway, go in to the next town. according to the news reel I saw there is a lot of that going on at eway side shops.

I have found that if they wont allow me to watch, it is best to crawl under and inspect the work before ever pulling off the lot.
[signature]
Actually I was mistaken. That was for something else a different time.

The total was actually around $900 parst and labor to replace the entire oil pan. Labor was the most because they have to remove a lot to get it off.

The little kit to reseat the plug threads requires welding it on, and with such an old vehicle (1994), it would have weakened it such that I wouldn't trust it holding up 4 wheeling in the mountains and such.

So I had no choice but to replace the whole thing.
[signature]
the one i was talking about was a tapered plug that cuts new thread in,no welding,there was another one ,which i dont like,you drill a 3/4 inch hole thread in the base piece then the drain plug,bad side you need 2 wrenches to pull the plug
[signature]
I see. I don't think I would trust something like that either though. In my blazer the entire plug came out, including the metal on the oil pan where the threads were for another 1/8". It would've had to have been one fat tapered plug. I hate cars.!
[signature]
they work great,we use them on heavy equipment,dumptrucks pickups.
[signature]
You just cant trust people anymore

These and other reasons are why i do oil and lube my self, its not hard, it doesnt take really long, you know that you get what you pay for and not some knock off miss weight oil, and its cheaper
[signature]