Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry warm 12/26
Hit the Berry today. Between Hookjaw Brimhall and I we iced around 20 fish, all cutts. I did manage a nice 24" cutt that had beautiful colors. Fish were caught on various jigs and ice flies tipped with mealies or red shiner. One of the hot ones for me was a jig TD ties. Thanks Pat! [Wink] All of them went back to be caught another day.

Where we fished, the ice was a solid 4-6", with little to no snow on it at all. Should have brought the ice skates to get to our spot quicker... LOL.

The suprising thing was how warm it was up there today... 35 degrees at 9am [Sad]. The ice was creeking and cracking the entire day.... was a bit eerie. Hopefully the upcoming snow will get it back on a good cold track.

We did talk to one fisherman on our way out that has a hawg bow... probably a healthy 6lbs.
[signature]
Do you know if Chicken Creek or any other spot besides mud creek is solid enough to fish? Thanks.
[signature]
I replied to your post earlier. Yes, CCE was frozen and had people fishing it. Check your PM's
[signature]
I have been on CCE for the last 3 weeks. It has had 4 inches on half of the bay since early Dec.
[signature]
thanks for the report Tyler. glad you could get out while i was working[Tongue]
[signature]
I was thinking about how hard you were working Jason as I was fighting the 24"... LOL [Wink]
[signature]
Nice report Flycasting,
We were there today also. We were glad the wind quit in the morning and yes, it did get warm pretty quick! We noticed that when the sun came out later in the morning the ice got noisy again!
Thanks again for the report.
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.