Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wipers are bitting
I went to Willard today and I have to say I didn't catch a fish. But the guy on the bank was spanking the Wipers. I was using the same lures same retrive everything, but he was bringing the lure towards shore and I wonder if that made the difference. I did have about 20 hits or so but I just couldn't get the hook in them. Have fun and there you go.
[signature]
I'm hoping to make it tomarrow evening. Did you talk to any other fisherman? What was the water temperature?
[signature]
Now we all want to know the 3 W's what , where , and when .
[signature]
well i just want to know one W. where were they east north south or west? thanks
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I fished Willard Wednesday morning and had no luck either. Water temp in the south marina was 47 degree. We went over in the area that Tom P. was talking about a week ago south east of the light pole, water temp was 44 degree there. We headed over to the feed lot area and the water temp there was 50 degree. We were seeing few fish on the fish finder in all areas we covered. We trolled over to the north marina and went in for a few minutes to check and see if anyone was catching anything. There were a dozen people fishing but we did not see anyone catching anything. We went back to the south marina and left, no one was fishing from shore around the south marina. I think the evening would be better fishing. Skeeter, you must have been there in the evening because I did not see you in the morning. I'll have to ask the same question as the other guys, where were you fishing? WH2
[signature]
i was just curious of the dike area they might be hanging on. i have walked countless miles on that darn lake so im starting to ask questions and at least save me a few blisters. if anyone is seeing wipers on one side of the dikes that would be much appreciated if you gave me a idea of what direction.

thanks alot
[signature]
Xman we were fishing in the south west corner. We did go out to day and we only had one hit and never seen a fish get caught. The fish just weren't in there today.
[signature]
Hey Xman, To answer your question the only area we could catch any wipers today was close to shore, on the east side of the south marine. The fish were stacked in 4ft of water to 9ft of water but the only area we caught fish was in 4ft. We were marking fish from right out side the south marina all the way to the big power poles but the area we caught the fish was 100yds east of the marina and that was one half hour before sunset. The fish seem to be moving around alot, so who knows where they will be tomorrow, good luck if you go, it sure is hit or miss. WH2
[signature]
Thaqnks for the info guys. Ill probably leave the wiper fishing for awhile. I remember last year in the spring and the fishing was so speradic. I dont know if it will be worth the shore walking that it takes to get into them yet.
[signature]
wh2, i guess that would explain why we saw so many boats when we were heading in tonight. sitting there just east of the marine.

[size 1] Hey Xman, To answer your question the only area we could catch any wipers today was close to shore, on the east side of the south marine. The fish were stacked in 4ft of water to 9ft of water but the only area we caught fish was in 4ft. We were marking fish from right out side the south marina all the way to the big power poles but the area we caught the fish was 100yds east of the marina and that was one half hour before sunset. The fish seem to be moving around alot, so who knows where they will be tomorrow, good luck if you go, it sure is hit or miss. WH2 [/size]
[signature]