Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teflon Ron
Didn't realize just how much he's missed, until I read and remembered some of the stuff he said... and stood for . [center][inline Reagon.jpg][/center]
'Here's my strategy on the Cold War: We win, they lose.' - Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.'
- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.' - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'
- Ronald Reagan
'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.' - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.' - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.' - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.' - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

[inline reagon2.jpg]
[signature]
Reagan, ugghghgh i just want to spit when i say that horrible name . . whats reagan's true legacy???

$640 Pentagon toilet seats; ketchup as a vegetable; union busting; firing striking air traffic controllers;

"Iran-Contra; selling arms to terrorist nations; trading arms for hostages; retreating from terrorists in Beirut; lying to Congress; financing an illegal war in Nicaragua; visiting Bitburg cemetery;

"A cozy relationship with Saddam Hussein; shredding documents; Ed Meese; Fawn Hall, Oliver North; James Watt; apartheid apologia; the saving and loan scandal; voodoo economics; record budget deficits; double-digit unemployment; farm bankruptcies; trade deficits; astrologers in the White House; Star Wars; and influence peddling

The president was forced to admit that he had approved sending military supplies to Iran in blatant contradiction of stated policy. It later emerged that the profits from these arms sales had gone to help the "Contra" rebels fighting the left-wing Sandinista Government of Nicaragua.
[left][font "CG Times"][#1f1a17][size 3]From everything that we can ascertain from the historical record, Reagan’s religious background, feelings, or beliefs had nothing to do with his political response to the AIDS epidemic. His appalling policies led to enormous setbacks for HIV/AIDS science and research, discrimination against people with AIDS, and the lack of any comprehensive outreach for prevention or education work, all adding to the already staggering amount of mounting deaths. His policies on AIDS were a product of indifference, disdain, self-imposed ignorance, and political capitulation to a staunchly reactionary and religious Republican constituency that was to reshape not only the party, but also the state of U.S. politics. [/size][/#1f1a17][/font][/left] [left][#1f1a17][size 3][/size][/#1f1a17] [/left] [left][font "CG Times"][#1f1a17][size 3]Although AIDS was first reported in the medical and popular press in 1981, it was only in October 1987 that President Reagan publicly spoke about the epidemic. By the end of that year 59,572 AIDS cases had been reported and 27,909 of those women and men had died. How could this happen? How could Reagan not say anything? Do anything? [/size][/#1f1a17][/font][/left]

HE WAS A CRUD !

sm
[signature]
Your a funny guy Tony, I'm surprised it took you so long to reply to this post or was it just that you had a hard time coming up with anything negative to say about one of our greatest Presidents. I figured Reagan was one of your favorites[Wink]. Just as it is with any Presidents, you can find fault with any of them.
I thought Kennedy was a good president but he had his faults. As far as one of your favorites, there just isn't enough time in the day to write the faults about bill clinton!!!!!
[signature]
[font "Pristina"][green][size 4]What is all this rhetoric about aids? If some people go somewhere they shouldn't be going and get into trouble that is not my fault and I shouldn't have to pay for the rsults their promiscuous acts. Had to keep this clean as it is a family site. [/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
You pay for the same reason you have a medicare card (US SOCIALIZED MEDICINE)

youre a member of a society ! yes hard to believe, but youre a member of society, and you've got rights and responsibilities as such . .. remember the gospels? Christ said "he who has never sinned cast the first stone?"

and who made you the arbriter of social justice and sexual morality????

ok heres a scenario, you go out fishing and break your arm, i make the issue of "why were you out injuring yourself needlessly? i think you should sell your house to pay for the doctor bill", which for a broken arm in our totally screwed up system would be about $15K

yah youre a perfect republican, until you want your medicare and your fire dept, and your police dept, and an ambulance, and red cross, and your medicaid, and a decent school for your grandchildren to go to, and safe roads, and safe food, and . . oh i think thats enough

sm
[signature]
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]You forgot one important factor and that is we are living in a democracy which entitles every one to free speech. No one had to appoint me as to quote you "the arbiter of social justice and sexual morality". I expressed an opinion. As you have your opinion about former president Ronald Reagan so do I on sexual morality. Also what makes you think that I am a republican? Would it be that all democrats participate in sexual promiscuity? Without knowing very much about me you start thowing stones. Apparently you don't believe in the words that you quote.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Wow... a liberal citing a religious teaching??? I didn't think you guys believed in God!
[signature]
He was one of the greats in that he could cross party lines and get things done. I know I never made more money than when he was in office. I don't think aids was a big concern back at that time.At least it wasn't for me.
[signature]
Good point Gregg, aids was new at the time and most people thought it was only gay men that got it, so there wasn't any big concern about it. Reagon did far more good than bad, at least of any president since I started voting in the 70's.
[signature]