Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coronados YT...Go Get 'em!
[cool]Capt. Ryan has been after this for two weeks, and there it is!

[url "http://www.missionbellesportfishing.com/fishing_reports.htm"]http://www.missionbellesportfishing.com/fishing_reports.htm[/url]

I found out I'll be working Friday & Saturday... [mad]

Coronados YT can be here today gone tomorrow, so if you can get out there tomorrow just do it!

Oh yeah... if the YT don't cooperate ya get to keep yer rockfish![Wink]

Fishslayer
[signature]

Hi there Fishslayer,

Glad to see the yellows showing but as you said Fishslayer here today and gone or just plain not biting tomorrow. Our two mega-star targets, the yellowtail caught at mostly Coronado, with some showing at Clemente, and the WSB bite on the the weekend at Catalina shows ya that even the 3/4 day boats that are willing to make the trip can reward the anglers and captians willing to gamble just a bit. I'm going Thursday and maybe Friday if the weather lays down.

Bad weather around the LA area kept a lot of boats from heading out to Catalina. Who blames 'em?

Hope to see ya on the boat sometime there Fishslayer.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Ya can't go wrong with either the Mission Belle or the San Diego, both are 3/4 days out of Seaforth. Both have some of the best crews you'll find on a 3/4 day and the skippers are real go-getters that'll work hard to find ya some fish.

With YT in the counts you'll do well to go on a weekday if possible. There's a pretty fun group of regulars that fishes the San Diego on Mondays.

No, I'm not affiliated with boats or landing...

Fishslayer
[signature]
WHere are the yellowtail in the fish counts?[Smile]

Aaron
[signature]
[cool]The sportfishing reports board doesn't give details like the Mission Belle's site. I've been getting unofficial reports of YT & WSB at La Jolla by the yakkers. Unless the bite at Coronados is really good the San Diego 3/4 day generally fishes local & the Mission Belle goes to the Coronadoes. It's a day by day thing.

The Malahini from H&M will fish the Coronados, too, & they usually do as well in the counts as anybody.

Best way to find out the "where" on a given day is to call the landing.

For a quick & dirty on what's happening from San Fran to Cabo try the free section of [url "http://www.biteson.com"]www.biteson.com[/url] They also have links to the landings for location info & phone #s.

Fishslayer
[signature]

Hi there Fishslayer,

Boy oh boy! The start of this season is really confusing. One day Santa Cruz, Santa Rosa, Anacapa, then Santa Catalina, next Clemente, and yet again the Coronados are turning out impressive fish counts of either yellowtail or WSB.

If I were a gambling man, I'd drive to whatever landing was hitting the island/fish species of my choice. Weather aside, the bite to the north seems steady, Catalina spotty with Clemente and south taking advantage of the yellowtail bites.

Pierpoint trip Thursday to Catalina got me no yellowtail (they were breezing by so fast I couldn't throw a jig in their path fast enough) or WSB. Everything about the trip other than that was great.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Ron,

Are you the long haired guy that works in the office at LB marina?????[cool]

Aaron
[signature]

Hey there dh tubinaaron,

Nope, that's a friend of mine whom I've known for maybe 20 years. His name is James and he's a very talented and experienced fisherman. Really a good guy.

Went to ElDo today from 5:30pm to closing and flyfished near the ranger station for ziltch. Saw some small bass get caught. You or your buddies going tomorrow. The plant was both Monday and Tuesday according to one old timer. What's with that?!

JapanRon
[signature]
Hey Ron

I went today armed with soem of tubedudes bait bugs, and caught 3 before it rained and 1 as soon as it started.

I might go tomorrow or I might be on the Victory

Aaron
[signature]