Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
posting pics
want to post a couple of pics and cant remember how to need some help please!
[signature]
Copy and paste the picture into the window. I believe it also needs to be 400 dpi in width or less for it to appear without the need to scroll.
[signature]
You can also check the main index page, there is a forum just for BFT help. There is a nice tutorial on posting pics. You need to have somewhere to host the pic, like an isp, or a free BFT website, and keep the pics no wider than 400 pixels. Pics are easily edited with any photo/scanner software. PM me if you need any more assistance. Thanks.
[signature]
need help could not do it !
[signature]
Try right clicking on any websites picture copy and paste it in the message. After you get that figured out all you have to do it get a place to store your pictures on the web.

Good luck
[signature]
One thing I had a problem with was my browser. I currently use Mozilla as my main browser, however the BFT website is not standards compliant, so to post pics I must use MS Internet Explorer. Since Mozilla is the core browser of Netscape, I assume it will not work either. I have IE6 on my computer, so I also do not know if IE5 will work. Anyways, look at the top of your text editing box, there will be 3 lines of icons, these icons are in grey (below the faces), on the 3rd line there is an icon that looks like a picture, this one is your friend. Now lets say you are typing along...blah, blah....look at my nice fish, now click on the picture icon, another textbox pops up, this is where you need to enter the address where the picture is hosted. It has to be hosted somewhere on the web, not your computer. So you enter this web address in this space, and click OK. Then you can see your picture. It will be in the preview post as well as the main post. Hope this helps. Good luck. It's kind of a pain, but once you get it done a time or two, it seems quite easy.

One note about web hosting. BFT has a service that lets you form a free website...not sure how this works. However if you have an isp that gives you X amount of web space, then you can contact them on uploading images to their servers. I personally use WSFTP for my file transferring software. Your isp usually has some form of FTP software available for free for its users. If you use AOL or some other form of web service, I have no idea how they work, so I can't help you out there. I'm sure someone who uses AOL or MSN etc, could chime in with some advice. Let me know if I can be of any more service. Good luck.
[signature]