Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Cathrine 9-21
Forgive the minimal amout of pics, the camera battery was on it's last leg yesterday.

Went to climb sunset peak and get a few fish for a fun, easy, and SUPER WINDY Saturday afternoon.
[Image: IMGP6415_zps6fe0708f.jpg]

The view off Sunset Peak. Lake Catherine, Lake Martha, Lake Mary and Silver Lake.
[Image: IMGP6413_zps977a2293.jpg]

Caught 2 brookies on a silver blue fox and a gold blue fox size #0. Finally putting my ultralight rig to the test.
[Image: IMGP6416_zpsccdf3a45.jpg]

A view of Devils Castle at Alta on the way down from Lake Catherine.
[Image: IMGP6412_zps038b4bc6.jpg]
[signature]
As always, nice report and pics, good color on the brookie. Sat was a very windy day no matter where you were on Sat, looks like it did not bother you too much on your hike though.
[signature]
Spectacular. Thanks
[signature]
Guys your legs must have recovered well, getting lots of fun trips in appreciate you sharing them with us. Later J
[signature]
Yeah, now I just have hand tendonitis issues. So the small trout are perfect for some "cast therapy".

Still not able to really fly fish right now.
[signature]
Man you're sounding like you're falling apart you must be getting older... Thing is you will recover pretty fast at your age... Guess that's more motivation for staying in school... I forget what was your major? Hope it is going well, I know it's a lot of work to get through, but it will be so worth it... Wish I would have gotten my masters while I was in the mode, because it's so tough to go back now... Good luck... Later J
[signature]
Hey what is going on with that fish? It doesn't look quite right for a brookie, is it one of the hybrids of some sort???? It's a pretty fish, but seems like it might be something a little different, but maybe that's just me... Later J
[signature]
Yeah I just barely started workin after taking a month off to recover.

Social Work is the major I am after. 2 more years to go!

BTW - That was just a pretty brookie.

Some guy on the beach was Confused on why I was even trying to fish. Little did he know.[Wink]
[signature]
Nice job, keep after it and keep the fishing trips going. Later J
[signature]
I love that hike. Beautiful fish.
[signature]
Not all brookies have those colors but you will catch one ever once in a while that have some good color like that one. Unless it has something to do with the spawn.
[signature]
Just a beautiful little brook trout getting ready for the fall ritual of spawning. They only get brighter and prettier in the next two months,,,,especially the males!
[signature]
Nice that you got out. Noticed today that the uintas now have snow on them.
[signature]
[quote brookieguy1]Just a beautiful little brook trout getting ready for the fall ritual of spawning. They only get brighter and prettier in the next two months,,,,especially the males![/quote]

There was a male under a log that followed my spinner. He was so pretty it would have made you blush brookieguy1![blush]
[signature]
Looks like I need to pack a fly rod when I go hunting this fall. Thanks J
[signature]
That stuff on the top of its back really looked tiger ish, but maybe that's where they get it from is parent stock. Pretty fish, I need to go catch a few. Haven't done my local back country trip this year maybe now is the time. Later J
[signature]
Oh, I thought you were talking about the halos. Yea, you are right that is half of the cross they use for tiger trout.
[signature]
Cool, between that and the yellow its a neat looking fish. Later J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]That stuff on the top of its back really looked tiger ish, but maybe that's where they get it from is parent stock. Pretty fish, I need to go catch a few. Haven't done my local back country trip this year maybe now is the time. Later J[/quote]The worm-like markings on a brook trout's back are called vermiculations. And yes, that is where a tiger trout gets many of it's wild markings. Just like no two brook trout share the same vermiculation, no two tigers patterns are the same.
[signature]
That's cool amazing how colorful they get in the fall. I always thought they were pretty early in the summer then they really turn it on for the spawn. I imagine they feed pretty well this time of year as well. Long winter on the way. Later J
[signature]