Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking Bear Lake Whitefish
[quote kentofnsl]If someone would like a few whitefish to try smoking or otherwise, feel free to send me a PM and I will plan on keeping some for you this Saturday. Otherwise, it may be all catch and release. [#0000bf]Update -- fish are already spoken for so no need to send me a PM.[/#0000bf][/quote]

Wow Kent ... That is pretty generous of you.
[signature]
[quote Old_Coot][quote kentofnsl]If someone would like a few whitefish to try smoking or otherwise, feel free to send me a PM and I will plan on keeping some for you this Saturday. Otherwise, it may be all catch and release. [#0000bf]Update -- fish are already spoken for so no need to send me a PM.[/#0000bf][/quote]

Wow Kent ... That is pretty generous of you.

[/quote]

Thanks Ralph. Please let it just be our little secret, I have worked hard to earn my reputation and I don't want to ruin it with one act of kindness.
[signature]
Shane, A friend of mine goes down there most years and fishes for whities. He showed me on a map the same places that Pat's map does. He also told me on windy days when it's real hard to finess the jigs, he trolls minnow plugs in the same areas for the Cutts and Macs that follow the white fish in shallow.
[signature]
Shane, update it snowed across the top of Logan Canyon so be a little careful up top. Later J
[signature]
Thanks.
I have an emergency car repair to make tonight (wifes electric window wont roll up=EMERGENCY) so if I cant make BL sat i will at least hit Jordanelle and report back either way.
[signature]
Thanks Tubedude for the Topo , I used it a couple of years ago when fishing from shore. This time I am going to take the boat out of storage sunday , due to the shortage of ice and try my luck. Looks like the East side of the Lake might be more promising. Was kind of wondering how BLFG was doing, he usually has quite the
intel for us BFTer's this time a year. hope all is well with him.
[signature]
Ralph, sorry for delay. Hey I fished by Mike there today and he did pretty well. So did the other five guys around me, but I struggled. Ended up with 3 white fish and one Cutt. Got a 22" WF, 21" Cutt and two little fellers. It was fun, but I had a real learning curve. Ended up having to verticle jig to catch fish. I had too heavy of line on my poles too. Anyway have some dark jigs. They didn't like white today. Good luck. J
[signature]