Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chubs at Fish Lake and a tagged perch
I never said browns were the answer for that particular lake. I don't know what the solution could be in terms of which predators to put in there. The biologists / officials in Utah thought a possible solution would be to add predators rather than poison the lake. They clearly thought it was worth trying and just because the cutts/tigers aren't working it doesn't necessarily mean you have to give up on adding predators and poison the lake to grow rainbows. Try something else? The people who went to school studying biology and have dedicated their lives to managing our waters realized the "chub problem" might not even be a problem. If they really thought it was hopeless they would have just poisoned the lake... and eventually that might be the best thing to do.

But you can catch rainbows all over Utah. How many lakes have a huge prey base which could produce trophy fish on a regular basis if the right management is in place? Where else in Utah is there too much of a prey base? It's a golden opportunity to produce world class fish... but if you don't have the patience to try a few different things... I think you are giving up too early. If options A, B,C don't work then poison it and move on. At least you tried. They'll always have the option to poison and start over in their back pocket if they can't find an adequate solution with predators.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [doggonefishin] Chubs at Fish Lake and a tagged perch - by Gemcityslayer - 03-10-2017, 05:51 AM