Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba report -- Catching wipers!
[quote Therapist]My question too ?? What upstream lake has been stocked with Wipers ? Yuba is on the Sevier River, up stream are some small waters around Manti, and Piute. Has Piute been stocked with wipers ??? Redmond is the source of the Northerns in Yuba, but it does not have wiper. Wipers in Piute would have a large supply of chubs and rainbows.[/quote]

Piute has been stocked with wipers as has Otter Creek. I doubt that the fish came from Otter Creek, but I wouldn't doubt that they came from Piute. Piute has been essentially drained two straight years. I fish quite a lot in the Sevier River below Piute and this year the number of rainbows in the river has jumped a lot simply because the fish left the reservoir and are now in the river. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if some wipers move down river to Yuba. The amount of water running down the river throughout the summer would make that an easy trip.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Yuba report -- Catching wipers! - by kentofnsl - 04-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Re: [Therapist] Yuba report -- Catching wipers! - by wormandbobber - 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM