Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tough day at the berry for kokes
I started Saturday morning at the berry on the Soldier Creek Side at 8 a.m. along the East wall no love was shown there, nor did anyone else get anything that I could see. Made my way over to the west side near the Narrows. About 12 a chop came up on the water and I was able to get one medium koke. I reworked and reworked and reworked that area to no success.

I then saw another boat pick up a koke and headed for that general area. I was able to dial in the area with two landmarks in a depth of 192. Though the fish were shallow probably about 25 ft.. I was using downrigger and Lead Core the Lead Core was out 77 feet in the downrigger was multiples in the 25 foot range. What was surprising the fish were considerably out further than where I was used to.

I was able to fish that area and get it dialed in for about 2 hours picked up three lost one at the boat. The nice one I got was 19 inches and a girth of 13 inches

So that blew my theory that kokes only bite in the morning.

I also believe that the chop helped hide my boat to some skittish fish

Question: I trolled with both Lead Core and downrigger and the downrigger produced absolutely nothing even though same terminal tackle, what's up.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Tough day at the berry for kokes - by Uintaman - 06-04-2017, 04:27 AM