Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with hoochie (Squid Skirts) fishing for Kokanee
Kokanee are getting harder to catch at Strawberry
this is my thinking, may be wrong.
Kokes are deep and the Plankton they eat is higher so they don't go up to eat they don't like the warmer water temperature.

When that happens, kokanee will stop eating. And stop growing too. This is when kokanee enter the pre-spawn period. And changes start happening to the kokanee, as their stored energy (from gorging) is then directed to those body parts necessary for spawning.

So how do we catch them? Do we slow down? I got my first one yesterday going 1.2 mph but also got one going 2 mph.

I buy most of my hoochie (Squid Skirts) bulk, don't have many left that I bot from a store

they are marked
They are marked Glows, Double Glow, glow in the dark, and Ultra Violet, (which is a Fluorescent Color)
I took them in a dark room and the only ones that glow was the ones marked glow in the dark. I bought some cheep ones from amazon that were 5cm more than 60 mixed colors and some of them glow in the dark.

the Squids I have, most that have big White eyes the white glows in the dark

most of the squids I have made up I don't know if they are UV glow are glow in the dark they are all mixed up.

Color Shifts as we go deeper
so you guys that fish for kokes this time of year does Glow in the dark Squids work for you? you can take them in a dark room and see if they glow.

I made some glow in the dark dodgers and they did not work at all the Fluorescent works better.
The ideal presentation in achieving vital contrast is one that makes generous use of fluorescent materials and glows, arranged in such a way to be in contrast with each other and in contrast with the surrounding water

I have also used glow beads and spinner blades this time of year that has worked for me.

The dodger is the most crucial part of your setup.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
help with hoochie (Squid Skirts) fishing for Kokanee - by liketrolling - 07-29-2017, 07:09 PM