Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't stop spinning
Hi,
My seat sits up on a 7" pedestal and my battery is mounted under it (this gives me good weight distribution, focusing my weight and the battery weight in the center of the boat and I can spin around 360)

I had my motor mounted on the back in the "out-of-the box" configuration, and turned sideways to steer as the motor pushed me forward. This worked ok and the boat tracked OK but not great

I wanted to face forward when motoring plus I read the forums that "pulling" with the motor was more efficient than "pushing" and this also improved tracking.

I turned the head of my motor around so now it faces in the same direction as the tiller, mounted it in the middle of the "back" and took the basket off the back of my ColoradoXT. I thought I could just turn my seat around when motoring.

Now, I have almost no control...the boat just wants to spin around in a circle it is very quick to shoot off in one direction or another, and very hard to correct, much worse at lower speeds, seems to be slightly better at higher speeds, BUT

In the conventional config, the thrust pushes the flat part of the mounting bracket against the mount, so the more thrust, the tighter the bracket is against the mount. This way the thrust pushes the flat part of the mounting bracket away from the mount so as soon as I get to a higher thrust, it is ripping the motor off the mounting bracket, no matter how tightly you clamp it down.

When you get done laughing over what must be some rookie mistake, please give me a hint about what's going on here.

I posted a pix of my setup before the mod, but the changes are: took basket off the back, moved motor to the center and turned the head around.

Thanks everyone!
Toongirl
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Can't stop spinning - by toongirl2 - 09-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Re: [toongirl2] Can't stop spinning - by TubeDude - 09-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Can't stop spinning - by toongirl2 - 09-26-2017, 01:51 PM
Re: [toongirl2] Can't stop spinning - by TubeDude - 09-27-2017, 09:00 PM