Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17
[#0000ff]Met up with TopH20 for our annual fall fling on Starvy. Made it two days...Tuesday and Wednesday...with an overnight stay in Duchesne.

Cold with a stout breeze Tuesday morning. 36 air temp with a water temp just under 60 degrees...down about 9 degrees since last week. And the fish were reacting. Had to look in spots different than TopH20 had found them a week ago. But once we found them we caught enough to make a good trip.

Stopped off in between prospecting spots to visit with gofish435 waving his flyrod from his tube. He was literally "chilling" but had scored a couple of trout and smallies. Always good to share the water with good folks like Tom.

Toppy and I finally found a semi pattern in Bunny Gulch...along with several other wally chasers. We finished day one with perch, smallmouth, walleyes and trout...a Starvy Slam.

This morning there was ice on the boat cover, and the same cold westerly breeze as Tuesday. But the breeze was lighter and it warmed quickly when the sun came up and the wind died down as usual about 9ish. Turned into a really nice day.

Again, we both got a Starvy Slam for the day...with perch, smallies, wallies and slimers. I only stayed until noon...not wanting to get back to Salt Lake too late and get caught in the afternoon (non) rush hour.

I hope TopH20 is able to post some of the pics he took this morning of a purtyful sunrise...with a blue heron fishing in the shallows near the boat dock.

Thanks for the great trip, Mike. We gotta do it again some more.
[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17 - by TubeDude - 09-27-2017, 10:33 PM