Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17
[#0000FF]As I was driving on the way to the lake early Tuesday morning I was thinking how weird it was that here it was almost October and I had not fished Starvy yet this year. Heresy. But between some knee issues and a lot of weird weather situations I just didn't get over there. Too much good fishing closer and I find it hard to justify driving that far just to watch whitecaps blowing by while my tube waits on the shore.

But, just like riding a bicycle...fishing Starvy is easy to pick right up again after a layoff. Just wish it was closer or that I wasn't such a wimp.

We did find some fish and had a good time. But it still ain't like it used to be. All I have to do to make myself whimper is to read reports from about 10 years ago...with days of 30-50 walleyes, over 100 BIG perch, etc. Of course there were still lots of big chubs then...and no rainbows. Always a tradeoff. I could live without the rainbows in favor of the perch and walleye...but I would guess the lake would not have as much appeal to you that way.

Hoping to get in another trip before it gets too cold.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17 - by TubeDude - 09-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Re: [gofish435] Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17 - by TubeDude - 09-28-2017, 06:59 PM