Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17
[quote TubeDude][#0000ff]
We did find some fish and had a good time. But it still ain't like it used to be. All I have to do to make myself whimper is to read reports from about 10 years ago...with days of 30-50 walleyes, over 100 BIG perch, etc. Of course there were still lots of big chubs then...and no rainbows. Always a tradeoff. I could live without the rainbows in favor of the perch and walleye...but I would guess the lake would not have as much appeal to you that way.
[/#0000ff][/quote]

You know Pat I'm happy just being able to catch a variety of fish. That is one reason I have fished Starvation as much I have the last few years. I have had some fun finding out what kind of flies the other species like and creating some new ones to see what will get there attention.

I find it hard to drive past Starvation to go to Strawberry anymore. For years I never even thought about stopping at Starvation, always thought it was too windy and I didn't buy a park pass back then and without one your pretty much confined to fishing around the bridge.

I hope you can make it over one more time this year to fish it in your tube. It sounds like I need to get back over to Rabbit Gulch if you guys left any fish over there.[Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17 - by TubeDude - 09-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Starvation Slammin' 9-26,27-17 - by gofish435 - 09-28-2017, 07:55 PM