Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Seeks Input On New Fishing Licensing Format
Jim,
I do agree on you for the most part of what you say.
What I was thinking in my statements is that I truly beleave that our economy in Texas recieves a nice boost durring the Winter Texans trips to our Great State. They on the most part keep many buisnesses form loss durring the winter months. They also pay taxes just like the rest of us do. I was just suggesting that if that licanse fee was a bit closer it might increase the winter Texan travel thus adding to the boost of our economy. I am not arguing against the fees in general as it is a requirement to maintain and add to our great fishing in the state.
When I spend extended time in Ohio I also pay a higher fee to fish there. I realy do not mind it that much. I do notice that When I am back on the island where fishing is the way of life for almost all, that in over 20 years I have never been stoped to verify that I do have my licanse to fish in the Great state of ours. I do keep my licanse current for that matter as there is always the first time.
An increase checking might be needed to asure that the higher fees are paid by all as you know as well as I the lack of checking promotes many to not pay their dues.
I think that an increase in checking along with a higher fine for not purchasing the apropriate licanse might offset the cost of an increese. My honest estimate is about 25% of anglers, Residents and Non-residents do not pay their dues to use our waters along the coast. I beleave also that the freshwater situation is a lower persentage of around 10-15%.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [JimF] Texas Seeks Input On New Fishing Licensing Format - by ssor - 02-11-2004, 05:03 PM