Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups?
Why has it not been addressed to add small lake trout to the list of legally disposed fish? I just reviewed the list and they aren’t there. It took about 5 seconds to get burbot on that list. While I agree with educating people who don’t fish will help, it would be more effective to allow the thousands of anglers to dispose of their incidental catch of small macs. I’ll catch a couple dozen this year and if that law isn’t changed, they will all swim away. If it’s that bad, do something about it. I’m not convinced it’s that bad.

I am intrigued by Bobs canning method. I bought a pressure cooker to can the trout I catch at derbies, haven’t really figured it out. They turn out fair at best. This coming from someone who is in heaven with a pack of ritz and can of sardines in oil. What’s the secret? Do you fillet or steak them out? Any cure or smoke before canning? Mine just kind of turn out like mushy trout- yuck!
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [PBH] how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups? - by MACMAN - 03-27-2018, 04:57 AM