Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups?
In this post, I address limits, keeping and canning (and canners) from my preparedness perspective.

I'm very much into preparedness, so I would love to greatly increase food storage by using some of my vacation time and going to a choice spot on Flaming Gorge using some of my abundance of saved up vacation time and camp with my propane burners and All-American brand pressure canners by Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry of which I am a distributor. They have an exclusive metal-to-metal seal, so from a preparedness prespective, they don't have the vulnerability of aging ruber seals from manufacturers that discontinue them or go out of business. My first one was an antique that was passed on through many generations and still works fine. It was so impressive, compared to other used ones that are essentially just pots when seals are no longer available, that I became a distributor.

Regarding keeping and canning, it's not worth it for me to bother with just the current limit and I'm certainly not going to do it a little at a time by first freezing them to save up enough to bother canning and then deal with defrosting them with the degradation of quality combined.

I'm great at catching, so were the limit removed and they really wanted me to reduce the laker pup population, I would schedule a couple weeks of vacation time, set up camp with three propane burners and three of my personal All-American model 930 canners (these are the big ones -- they're huge) to do huge batches of freshly caught laker pups at once.

That's my offer. I would love to do it. I own a mountain of empty canning jars -- multiple tall pallet loads, so yes I can reduce the laker pup population and have high quality tasty and nutritious protien to add to my preparedness food storage all for the cost of a very enjoyable extended fishing and camping adventure.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [submoa] how can we get more people to keep a limit of laker pups? - by RonPaulFan - 04-24-2018, 04:35 AM