Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fliggin' Floatilla Willard 4-25-18
Pat, just wondering a little about your neutral bouncy jigs on a sinking fly line... Think that would work for an approach like Larry is using over there? Or would a guy be better off to use those good looking minnow flies you hooked me up with last summer?

Just thinking a wiper on a fly has got to be a hoot to catch... In fact a cat wouldn't be bad either... Not sure my skills are polished enough to land too big of one on a fly rod yet... Maybe if I use my 8 WT it will not be too much of a challenge, but don't want to bust my 3 WT... Do you think the 5 WT would be over taxed?

I did land that cat yesterday on an ultra light spinning rod, but it sure took longer than usual... I'm looking forward to getting my rod tips back so I can get my good stuff back to work... Sure appreciate you doing that for me, been fishing around dark lately and I think they will be just the ticket after the sun sets...

Don't know why, but I can't get the cats on the bobber this year and I prefer that method but the cats don't seem to... Haven't tried them for a couple days, maybe I need to try the bobber again... I love to see a lighted bobber cruising away at full speed...

Pat, have you noticed anything that you can do that results in bigger cats being caught? Or do they just show up while you're doing what you usually do to catch cats?

My current method seems to catch bullheads to 27's... I thought going to cut bait would weed out the bullheads, but last night they were sucking down big ole chunks of carp... I gave up worms to try and get away from the pests, but they are still raiding my hooks.. Bad part is I can't hook most of them either... so I'm constantly having to pull in and check my bait... (I'm using 4/0 hooks so I'm amazed they can get them into their mouths) Shouldn't complain because there are nights that they save me from the skunk, but I hate to be playing with a mudcat when a channel could be taking it... Sorry for the run on post I'll quit... Later J
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fliggin' Floatilla Willard 4-25-18 - by TubeDude - 04-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Fliggin' Floatilla Willard 4-25-18 - by SkunkedAgain - 04-26-2018, 01:30 PM