Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fliggin' Floatilla Willard 4-25-18
[quote SkunkedAgain]Yup I'll be sure to pay up I don't like crossing the bouncers. Hope you'll have a few of those new purple smaller fligs for trade for dollars at the flotilla. I'm not having much luck with the big ones. Might just be me. Thanks Pat. Later J[/quote]

[#0000FF]Will have plenty of purple with me at the doin's.

If you are fishing the fligs from shore, I suspect you would do better by giving them some motion. Either cast and slowly retrieve or at least give the rod tip a few wiggles from time to time. I drag them around behind my tube...and a lot of my hits come just as I start moving after being stopped. Guys in boats find that using the electric to drag them at about .5 mph not only helps cover a lot more water but also attracts the fish better.

For "active" fishing from shore, you might also change up your rig. Try rigging "dropshot" style, with a sinker on the bottom and a short 6-8" dropper to the flig knotted about 12-14" above the sinker. You can also use a small 3-way swivel to tie in the flig dropper. Then cast out and let it hit bottom. Now start a slow retrieve with some rod twitches.

Catfish have better vision than most people think. That's why the colors work well. But their sensitive lateral lines pick up vibration very well even in murky water or after dark. So motion can help call them in. Then the combination of color on the flig and the flavor from the bait helps seal the deal.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Fliggin' Floatilla Willard 4-25-18 - by TubeDude - 04-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Fliggin' Floatilla Willard 4-25-18 - by TubeDude - 04-27-2018, 12:00 PM