Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linclon Beach closure
[#0000FF]I haven't fished your home waters enough to be able to render a knowledgeable assessment. All I can say is that every year is different...different water levels, temperatures, food supply movement, weather patterns, etc. And the fish move around within the system to find more favorable conditions of food, depth, temperatures, etc. As you have discovered, they ain't always where they were on the last trip...or under similar conditions in past years.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I'm guessing that their current activity levels are based upon just finishing with spawning and now searching for reliable food supplies. In a rising and falling water level situation that can change quickly. Also, water temps are rising and that effects both where the food is and where the cats are comfy.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Most years the bigger cats get more active after dark once the spawn is over and the water temps rise. That means that they will often just lie on the bottom of deeper spots during the day, but will cruise fairly shallow water after dark looking for newly hatched fish of all species and crawdads when they can find them. The tricky part in a big shallow water like Cutler/Bear River is knowing just where the daytime holding areas are and then the closest "grocery store" for after hours dining.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Ya gotta know the fish are there...somewhere...and they will hit...something. Anybody who could predict all of the above could make a good buck as a consultant. But then again, cataholics are usually cheap suckers and would probably just wanna work it out on their own.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Linclon Beach closure - by Boatloadakids - 06-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] Linclon Beach closure - by TubeDude - 07-02-2018, 08:05 PM