Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 7/31/18, fishery is not there yet
I've said it countless times before and I'll say it again: I still think it holds true.

Many biologists, in many states, covering many different types of waters would love to have the problem of "too many chubs". It is only a problem if you are a pessimist and see it as one.

Too many chubs can be a blessing if you take steps to take advantage of them. "Too many chubs" can result in world class fishing that produces world class trophy fish. You don't want every lake in your region to be like this, but having a few lakes that have true trophy potential is awesome. How many lakes in Utah have "too many chubs"? Dozens? I would think not. Why not take advantage of the situation. The people who want to go catch lots of numbers of healthy fish have plenty of options in Utah. How many lakes in Utah in the last 30 years have produced world class fish? And Scofield absoutely has the potential to do it, some of the tiger trout that have grown up in there are truly world class fish. Embrace it.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Fishrmn] Scofield 7/31/18, fishery is not there yet - by Gemcityslayer - 08-01-2018, 11:32 PM