Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where have all the deficit hawks gone?
While I know Senator Hatch isn’t running for re-election, I’m wondering if it will make a difference in the deficit. Yes, overall he stands out as the senator that voted most consistently for the largest amount of run up in government deficits in the history of mankind. But it seems since Reagan really put an end to the GOP being financially conservative we don’t have any true deficit hawks in either party. Yes Hatch and other party hacks will oppose deficit spending when the other party has the Presidency but since most of the deficit since Reagan is under the GOP that’s a pretty poor record. We hardly hear a word from any politician right now about record deficit spending that Trump has ushered in while inheriting a booming economy that continues to expand during his term. I know midterms are coming up but any thoughts why people don’t vote on this issue consistently? Are too many voters just party hacks themselves and won’t vote for their country’s interest if their party consistently? Obviously while the extreme deficit is overwhelming a problem we face because of GOP leadership since Reagan the same holds for the Dems on many other issues. It’s just with the King of deficit support retiring soon during record increases in deficits this issue was on my mind.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Where have all the deficit hawks gone? - by riverdog - 11-03-2018, 02:53 PM