Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going to be missing my springtime Utah fishing...
I guess in retrospect maybe we should be glad that it somehow escaped the limelight for so long. I only fished it for 7 or 8 years but only encountered guided trip a couple times and never saw more than a handful of people fishing. I cover miles when I fish if there is access so it’s not like I sat in one spot. I did float it on my own a few times. Most trips I didn’t encountered anyone fishing and the campgrounds were nearly empty. It was hard work but the payoff was worth it.
Well I still go up to POW Island at least every other year. It’s an open offer if you decide to every want to go stealheading. I enjoy fishing alone but that’s a big multi day trip with not much else to do to go up by myself. There are now 3 ways to get to the island. Daily ferry, float planes and there is a mile long (imagine it’s a backup strip for the military) landing strip outside of Klawock. Cessna Caravan flights multiple times a day that can fly with instruments when the float planes are all grounded.
It looks like I’m moving back west by October. I just accepted a position in Albuquerque. Pay and benefits are good and better yet it’s a less than full time job. Plenty of good water in New Mexico and outside the San Juan River there is less fishing pressure than Utah. I Won’t have Wyoming to head north to in the Summer so I’ll just have to substitute southern Colorado as my road trip destination.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [Tarponjim] Going to be missing my springtime Utah fishing... - by riverdog - 03-08-2019, 01:44 PM