Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New sonar?
I have the sp-100 and sp-200 models as well (Sonar phone) and I really like them a lot... Let me tell you the difference and why I have the two items... The Sp-100 is a self contained unit in a bobber of sorts, it sends the signal to your phone or tablet (the other one does as well, but it's not self contained). I use the 100 for backpacking into remote lakes because it's light and simple and works great. I also have used this ice fishing to keep an eye on other holes around me, in case I'm fishing the wrong area, it let's me see if the other holes are more active... In theory I'd use it each trip, however, I find that I usually don't want to spend the time to set up another item, I spend too much time with my LX-7 and camera and you need some time to fish... I have used it at Bear Lake before I had the LX-7 and it worked really well for showing the cisco and trout coming in to eat the cisco... It does set up fast and easy, but it's just another thing that is nice but not needed with my set up (The Marcum LX-7 is more accurate so I use it as my first run finder.)... but I do love it for summer hiking trips...

The SP-200 and I'm guessing on this number because I don't remember off the top of my head, but it has a transducer for mounting on a boat or a solid mount point and it has a sending unit that connects by wire to it and a 12V battery. This one does the contour mapping and works well with Navionics... I have this one set up on my boat and since my Humminbird transducer died, I've been using it a lot lately and it works very well for a boat unit... The GPS is more difficult on the phone (than just hitting a button on the HB), but it can still be used.. It's a good fish finder with mapping features, it's pretty accurate with identifying fish and doesn't have problems with interference like my HB does.. In my mind it's a very good unit for the price and offers a lot of capabilities... Now you don't get the side scan and all the whistles and bells and it doesn't have 1/2" item separation, but for a good 2D unit and for around $130 I think it's money well spent... My initial unit was damaged in shipping and the Vexilar techs bent over backwards to get me a replacement unit before my big trip that i wanted it for... I'm very happy with the unit... and the company... And no I'm not getting paid to push their stuff either, just my thoughts... Later Jeff
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
New sonar? - by doitall5000 - 04-03-2019, 03:33 AM
Re: [doitall5000] New sonar? - by wiperhunter2 - 04-03-2019, 03:48 AM
Re: [doitall5000] New sonar? - by fishinfool - 04-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Re: [fishinfool] New sonar? - by doitall5000 - 04-03-2019, 04:45 PM
Re: [doitall5000] New sonar? - by SkunkedAgain - 04-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Re: [SkunkedAgain] New sonar? - by doitall5000 - 04-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Re: [doitall5000] New sonar? - by SkunkedAgain - 04-03-2019, 09:25 PM