Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Harbor cat report 9/3/19
I hope you made it out to practice all those notes you took yestermorning. Have you made your pre launch and post trailering check lists ? Remember to follow your list until it is second nature - then review often and modify it as you get seasoned and find easier or more effective ways of doing things. Set up a routine and find an order that makes sense to you to do every thing on your check list. Don't be afraid to change things up for the better.

Sorry to harp or preach there. But being a teacher your self you know about repetition - Like the saying goes - Do something 3000 times and you will do it well.

Sorry also we loitered so long at the put in while I rambled on ad infinitum and quite possibly to the point of ad nauseam. However the original purpose for metting up was to go over the boat things you wanted some pointers on.

But we did finally get out to fish, although I did not have too high of expectations given time of day and temperature and location - I guess we could have traveled to several more productive places but we were already nearing what lately has been a slow down on the bite. The fish seem to be settleing down a bit or moving with the groceries around that time so going to greener pastures would probably be contra indicated and counter productive. So I settled for where we went as a compromise so we could at least get on some fish. And we did. You got you contest sized fish and we had a couple doubles and a triple and a some singulars. More importantly, we fished, we had some good conversation, beautiful weather and hardly any noise and no neighbors to annoy or bother us.

I enjoyed getting to know you and had a great time on the water - what more could I ask for. Thank you.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Provo Harbor cat report 9/3/19 - by catchinon - 09-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Re: [catchinon] Provo Harbor cat report 9/3/19 - by Fishhound - 09-04-2019, 11:54 PM