Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LB report Monday 9/9/19
Mooseman and I went out on my boat to try for cats and maybe a wb or two. Justin has to take his kids to school so we met at 8:30. I'm still learning the ropes (literally) so it took a little more time to get out fishing. All we had for bait was some old white bass, shrimp and worms. We caught cats on all of them. Most were cookie-cutters but we did get a 25.5 and a 26. Could sure use some 28"+ bumpers. We got three each. Later in the morning we were hailed by Richard and Violet at jelling distance. If we heard right, they got 8 and one was a bumper. They were probably headed in but we still wanted more so we stuck it out. Was a nice day so we were never uncomfortable into the afternoon.

We had started from the area of BS and strolled toward the island. At seven fow I caught the first fish. After a long while we turned and started west. We caught fish at 9' and when we got out from the springs we got hung up on rocks on one of the poles. We went farther out and started back toward the jaws. Justin needed to be home to meet his son returning from school by around 3 so I started back about 1:00. We caught one more fish in that area.

When trying to load the boat I still had some trouble getting it on straight. (Guides are near the top of the shopping list.) Eventually Justin cranked me up and we had no more serious issues.

Still haven't gotten the kicker started. Pretty sure we just aren't doing something right or it has a fouled plug. On the good side I have gotten the electric to go at the 2.5-3 setting so maybe we are in the ultra-slow speed range that the cats like.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
LB report Monday 9/9/19 - by catchinon - 09-10-2019, 04:28 PM