Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaking of auger drill choices . . .
Earlier this month I purchased that same Ryobi (P252) for similar reasons. That is a brushless Drill. I got it for $69 without battery on Amazon. I already have various Ryobi tools and 4 of their batteries. The largest battery I have is 4 amp hour so that's 3 times the size of the one they tested. All but my oldest smallest battery has a built in battery meter so you certainly don't need the drill to monitor that separately. Glad to hear it works well with an auger.
I haven't had a chance to try it on ice yet. I only ice fish a handful of times a winter. A week ago after fishing the Jemez River, I drove up and checked out Fenton Lake. It was iced over. However here in NM the State figures people here are clueless about ice and you weren't allowed on it yet. I picked up a guy who got his Jeep stuck in the snow off on a forest road. He had a cabin a couple miles from the lake. He said if it remains cold enough they let people ice fish come January. I guess they want the ice a foot thick before allowing anyone on it[crazy].
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Speaking of auger drill choices . . . - by dubob - 12-17-2019, 12:11 PM
Re: [Fishhound] Speaking of auger drill choices . . . - by riverdog - 12-17-2019, 02:51 PM