Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Bay UL
This is the intake structure that feeds water to the pump station about 50 yards up the bank.
On average, depending on lake levels of course, is about a 10’ deep concrete box ‘vault’ as you can see in the picture.
What you can’t see in the pic are two massive stainless steel pre-filters that are in the vault.
The two pre-filters are connected to the pump station via a 42” pipe.
The filters have 6mm holes in them so big fish are not able to enter the 42” pipe, only fish fry and insects can get inside the filter.
The grate openings are spaced far enough apart that any adult panfish can take refuge away from any predators behind the grate while at the same time enjoying water temps a few degrees above the open water temps.
The water in and around the 42” pipe never freezes and spreads heat in to the water from the ground.
The grate was not designed for the fish obviously, but is a side benefit for panfish/baitfish.
On a side note, the design criteria specifically stated we had to use small rip rap to protect the earth we exposed during construction.
Want to know why?
We were not allowed to ‘create’ any habitat that a predator fish could use to ambush any Junies.
Anyone who knows me knows I don’t make this stuff up and that I speak the truth.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Pelican Bay UL - by Hook_set - 01-01-2020, 02:06 AM
Re: [Hook_set] Pelican Bay UL - by MrShane - 01-01-2020, 03:42 PM
Re: [MrShane] Pelican Bay UL - by kentofnsl - 01-01-2020, 05:25 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Pelican Bay UL - by MrShane - 01-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Re: [MrShane] Pelican Bay UL - by kentofnsl - 01-01-2020, 07:52 PM
Re: [MrShane] Pelican Bay UL - by Hook_set - 01-01-2020, 09:02 PM
Re: [Hook_set] Pelican Bay UL - by MrShane - 01-01-2020, 10:05 PM