Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Parking Info
Bob, you are correct in most of your statement but I believe last year that South dike road was closed because of the construction, where they were running that new pipeline. When I went in to talk to someone at Mantua city hall, the lady I talked to said the they had finally got Brigham city to outlaw anyone parking on the South dike. From what she said, it sounded like Mantua city was trying to push for the dike to be closed and Brigham finally agreed to the closure. Of course I'm sure Mantua would deny that now but IMO the city of Mantua was looking for a way to generate more money, now the the original Barney is gone. I also found out from someone that talked to the new Mantua police officer that he( the cop) was told that he wasn't writing enough ticket and he needed to increase the number of tickets he was issuing.
I went up to Mantua today to meet with the KSL Investigates team and while they were interviewing me at the location where I received my ticket a guy came walking off the ice and he saw that he had received a ticket for parking in the exact location where I had parked. The team went right over and interviewed him and he wasn't happy either, especially after I told him how much the city was charging for these tickets. He left and while the team continue their inview with me another guy pulled up and parked in the exact same location that the last guy just moved from. As he walked up to us pulling his shed, I told him if he parked there he would likely receive a ticket and that the last guy did and me as well. He said, just like the last guy did, that the sign made no sense, I agreed and told him that was why the KSL team was there. He said he was a resident in Mantua and he had never heard of such a rule/law and wanted to know when the come up with it. I told him Christmas eve. The reason I know is because a member on BFT told me he parked there the day before I did, he even talked to the cop and ask him about the sign. The cop told him it was OK on that day but the next day(Christmas eve) they were going to start issuing tickets. I got some more info from the KSL team about how much money the city of Mantua makes from all these tickets but I'll write about that at a different time, when I get some more info.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Mantua Parking Info - by Cowboypirate - 01-03-2020, 11:12 PM
Re: Mantua Parking Info - by k2muskie - 01-03-2020, 11:17 PM
Re: [Cowboypirate] Mantua Parking Info - by dubob - 01-03-2020, 11:37 PM
Re: [dubob] Mantua Parking Info - by kentofnsl - 01-04-2020, 12:56 AM
Re: [dubob] Mantua Parking Info - by Cowboypirate - 01-04-2020, 01:24 AM
Re: [dubob] Mantua Parking Info - by wiperhunter2 - 01-04-2020, 02:38 AM
Re: [Jedidiah] Mantua Parking Info - by binlurkin - 01-04-2020, 04:57 PM
Re: [catchinon] Mantua Parking Info - by dubob - 01-04-2020, 06:25 PM
Re: [dubob] Mantua Parking Info - by catchinon - 01-04-2020, 06:52 PM
Re: [wiperhunter2] Mantua Parking Info - by dubob - 01-04-2020, 01:50 PM