Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you. Need frogging help.
(04-14-2020, 03:19 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: Ah man, your post brought back so many fond memories of my childhood. Growing up in Spring Lake most of my time during my single digit years was spent on the mountain behind my home, fishing, and hunting frogs. It was a life todays youth will never know because most of them can't do much more than walk around with a cell phone stuck in their ear. Even the thought of wallowing around in the swanps hunting frogs is abhorent to them. Sad.

We hunted the common leopard frog which was abundant at the time. Don't see meny of them anymore but the bellowing bull frog is easily found today. We hunted them with "flippers", a BB gun, or just a 3-4 foot stick. It was easy to catch them by dangling a fly in front of them from a fishing pole but "the hunt" was always the best way to get them in numbers. 
I grew up riding my bike to Spring Lake and often fishing with the Mikesell boys, of my age and a couple years younger.  They would often fish with live frogs, right where the water runs out of Spring Lake.  They would cast a frog out weightless out near the bull rushes and wait.  It wouldn't be long before a largemouth bass would slurp up that frog and then it was fish on.  I didn't know where to catch any frogs, but I thought that live mice would work.  I set up a trap in a chicken coop, but fortunately (I would have probably either been bitten or scratched had we caught any.) was unsuccesful in catching any live mice.  Those were the good-old-days.

Messages In This Thread
Thank you. Need frogging help. - by filletedalive - 04-14-2020, 01:37 AM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by Uplandman - 04-14-2020, 01:58 AM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by kentofnsl - 04-15-2020, 05:24 PM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by Fritzfishin - 04-15-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by catchinon - 04-15-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by dubob - 04-15-2020, 01:38 PM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by MWScott72 - 04-15-2020, 02:01 PM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by CrayDad - 04-15-2020, 08:10 PM
RE: Thank you. Need frogging help. - by Bduck - 04-15-2020, 11:54 PM