Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra light Rig - your preferences?
I have several Pflueger President reels and I have had great luck with them. I have tried several other brands Shimano, Diawa, and okuma in the the same price range and I have to say i like the pflueger reels the best and I've had less problems with them. I have dunked them a few times as well and only had trouble when they got sand or dirt in them a time or two and they cleaned up easy. The same as most of the reels I have used.   I do have some more expensive Shimano reels and like them.  The shimano Stradic is great but $200+. Don't think the stradic is worth the money for a panfish reel.   For the money I think the President is a great reel. Smooth cranking and smooth light drag for pan fish and you don't have to cringe when your buddy drops it on the rocks. Also the weight balances out well on the small ultra light spinning rods.    

I would save money with a president reel and spend it on a sensitive rod for panfish.  I loved the Fenwick Aetos for sensitivity but they quit making them recently.  For a super cheep but sensitive rod the Burkly UL cherrywood HD is an awesome panfish rod for perch and crappie. Matched with a 25X or 35x President its a great combo for $80-$90.  If you want to spend more the st croix triumph is a great rod. Then if money is no object the G loomis Trout series is super sensitive and my all time favorite panfish rod. They come in several UL models as well.  The Aetos was a close second.  

That's my 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by meancuznalfy - 08-10-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by lee! - 08-10-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by BG1 - 08-11-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by BG1 - 08-19-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by Jbworkin - 08-21-2020, 03:35 AM