Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra light Rig - your preferences?
My thanks to all those who offered up their "best" UL rig. I am sure I would have loved fishing any of them.

The deed is done. Cookie and I were swinging past Cabelas after an appointment, and I told her let's swing in and see what they might have in stock.

She went right to the St Croix display, picked up 6ft, 2 piece, ultra-light, fast-action, Trout Series rig: gave it a few flics, jigs pops and faux casts, looked over at me with a Smile and said " found mine" what you going to get?

Well, that was the only one left,, but they did have a one piece 6ft premier UL, also by St Croix. So I claimed it. The reel was even easier, the only good size 20 reel I could find was the Plugfer Presidential model. Since we have one already and liked it, we grabbed a couple more. Will try to keep the water dunking to a minimum - per advice above.

Now if we can get healthy enough, we will go give them a test.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by meancuznalfy - 08-10-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by lee! - 08-10-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by BG1 - 08-11-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by BG1 - 08-19-2020, 12:22 AM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by Cowboypirate - 08-23-2020, 08:50 PM