Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Annual Lincoln Beach Catfish Blitz and Cleanup
(08-29-2020, 03:43 PM)catchinon Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. TD I'm assuming you are referring to the 5th, a week from today. We'll stick with that date and hope that others can make it. Now I remember seeing how clogged up those ramps were at the L. I'm all for a cleanout there. Give me a rare chance to use my chest waders. Don't know what kind of date you are thinking but I vote to not make it too late. I also don't know how much we'll have to get our hands and arms in the water. What tools and techniqes are used? Do you think we can get some help from the Utah Lake Commission? I know Sam is pretty supportive of anything we want to do, or at least I think he would be.
Ideally we would have a Bobcat with a front-end scooper.  But I doubt that will happen.  I haven't checked actual conditions since the water levels started dropping, but I am guessing that we will be working in very shallow water...not more than 2' deep and maybe less.  And I am also guessing that plain old shovel power will dislodge the phragmites roots from the concrete ramp...with some mud on it.  Might need a machete.  I'll bring one.  Lopping shears might be in order too.  Water will be warm.  Wet tennies will work for those who don't bring waders.

We don't have to do a major deconstruction project at this time, but it would be nice to open those mini ramps up for small craft use.  Make it a lot closer for those of us who like to fish that area.

And yes, Saturday the 5th is on my calendar.  Fishing early and work later.

Wouldn't hurt to check in with Sam at the Commission.  He might know somebody who knows somebody with a Bobcat.  Probably also a good idea to see if we would be violating any protocol in just doing it ourselves.  Hope we don't need an environmental impact study and all that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3rd Annual Lincoln Beach Catfish Blitz and Cleanup - by TubeDude - 08-29-2020, 04:58 PM