Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bone-Headed Boaters at the Boat Docks
Back in the day, with our young families, we used to camp at East Canyon every weekend in the summer and spend the days water skiing and wakeboarding and a little fishing with the families. You used to be able to legally camp in the parking lot. We would sit in our lawn chairs in the mornings eating breakfast being entertained by the goings on at the boat ramp. Here are a few "classics":

- The guy that makes his wife drive the truck even though she's never driven a trailer before and takes out 2 cars in the parking lot trying to park the truck and empty trailer.

- The same guy who yells at his wife from his boat idling in the marina as she is trying unsuccessfully to back the trailer down the ramp so much that she gets mad, puts the jackknifed rig in park, turns it off, gets out and walks away leaving her lazy fat husband floating in the marina in his precious bass boat.

- The guy that has his whole family with him, including teenage sons and a wife, but insists on doing everything himself, leaving his truck and trailer at the bottom of the ramp while he parks the boat and ties it up and walks back to the truck eventually to park it. Lesson #1 with a family: Teach your wife to drive the boat...yes, she will forget to raise the outdrive and take out a prop or two but they learn to remember to raise the outdrive very quickly after that.

- The guy that arrives, backs down the ramp, then starts prepping his boat at the bottom of the ramp...clogging up the ramp for a half hour.

- The occasional guy that slams on his brakes as he's backing down the ramp and launches the boat before he gets to the water...

- The guy that backs too far into the drink and launches his truck...

- The guy that assumes his battery in the boat is still good after being stored all winter and his boat won't start.

- Almost forgot the most classic blunder...leaving the plug out. Lots of screaming and yelling!

I've seen all this stuff so many times and it used to be funny. Now it's just annoying!

The problem is, it was getting worse anyway and now with all the brand new boat owners that purchased due to the pandemic, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

We launch early just to avoid the idiots.
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bone-Headed Boaters at the Boat Docks - by N.E.T.O. - 02-27-2021, 04:06 AM