Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bone-Headed Boaters at the Boat Docks
I made that typical "forgot the plug" blunder on my first boat, a 2004 Lund 17' Pro Sport. It also had the chain connected to the plug so the plug would not get lost. But I couldn't reach it thru the transom deck access plate. I was at East Canyon, less than a week after buying that brand new boat.  Fortunately, my son said he heard something strange back near the motor. Said "Dad sounds like something is gurgling back here". I hadn't started  the big 115HP otbd yet, and still had the bow ring hooked to the trailer bow crank. So I had the son climb off the left side into about knee deep water, get in the truck and pull us back up till back end was out of the water. Yep, water came spraying out that plug hole. I reached over the transom, got the plug put in and tightened down. All good. Ran the remaining water out of the boat by turning on the bilge. 

Now I have a 2007 Lund 14' open boat, drain plug is accessed from inside the boat under the transom plate, in a recess just below deck level. I can see it and reach it from my seat at the tiller, but haven't forgotten to put that plug in since.  Big Grin 

Want to watch some the craziest, most inconsiderate, boat operators  ?  Just go sit at the Willard Bay north marina any summer weekend......     The size and horsepower of most boats DO NOT equal the skills, or etiquette levels of their operators.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bone-Headed Boaters at the Boat Docks - by Tin-Can - 02-27-2021, 07:52 PM