Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last two days on Utah lake
I keep on the boat a spare (older blended blade) prop, a spare prop nut, and tools needed to remove a prop. Also a small Harbor Freight tool kit. Never have had to use any of the prop tools on this boat, but have had to do some "on the road" trailer lighting work. 
Had a bad early experience on my first boat in 2004. Was trolling lead core line at Rockport, a big power boat that was just burning holes in the water, no one being pulled, cut behind me real close and washed one of my lines into the prop. Wrapped it of real good. Had no other way to remove line and couldn't reach the prop from the boat with the prop totally out of the water (115 HP Merc) . Cut off line as close to prop hub as I could get, slow motored to dock, got boat up on trailer, and in the parking lot, had to borrow tools from a kind stranger, removed the prop, pulled out the wrapped up line. I was fortunate, it didn't cut the seal, but it sure pxxxed me off. Ended that days fishin  Angry  and gave me a education. Have carried basic tools in boat ever since.

(09-19-2020, 02:03 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Just remember Used Boat Rule #1: the cheaper they are, the more expensive they'll be.

A question and a quote my dad always used " What is the very first thing you do with a new (or new  to you) boat ?"  

"You take it home and drill holes in it"     Big Grin

A boat is " A big hole in the water you throw money into"
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Last two days on Utah lake - by r2u2 - 09-18-2020, 04:30 PM
RE: Last two days on Utah lake - by Mooseman75 - 09-19-2020, 12:51 AM
RE: Last two days on Utah lake - by RockyRaab2 - 09-19-2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Last two days on Utah lake - by TubeDude - 09-19-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: Last two days on Utah lake - by catchinon - 09-19-2020, 05:26 PM
RE: Last two days on Utah lake - by Tin-Can - 09-19-2020, 05:41 PM