Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oceanside trip report
Back from the trip to Oceanside and it was great. The fishing trip didn't pan out as well as I wanted but we still got to go out. We had a ride out on a 6 person charter for about $100 a head when the boat had engine problems or something so they refunded our money and made sure we got a spot on one of the open party boats. There was supposed to be space for 41 people but on 30 showed up and it made for a much better trip. We took two kids ages 8 & 9 and we'd hook up the fish then give to poles to the kids to reel in the fish. The poles were so heavy with all the tackle on then that it took both kids to reel in the fish. One to hold the pole and one to reel in the fish. The kids had a ball. We caught Ling Cod, Rock Cod, Perch, Salmon Grouper and Barber pole (funny name for a fish) We took home 14 nice sized fish and had a good dinner of fresh fish that night. My brother in law took pictures and I'll get them in a few days.

It was great to get away from the snow for a few days and the day we left (Monday) it was supposed to be 90 degrees! Too hot too early for me!

Now I'm back and work is calling for attention
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Oceanside trip report - by FlyFishingMoose - 03-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Re: [a-b] Oceanside trip report - by fuzzyfisher - 03-10-2004, 07:17 PM