Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaying Blood Red Kokes at the Berry!
(10-01-2021, 06:44 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: I guess I'm behind on fishing regulations, but I didn't think you could fish for Kokanee from September through November... Did they change the regulations?  Still not the best idea to harass the kokes while they are spawning from a sporting perspective, but if it's legal don't listen to me... Later J

As Shane said there is nothing in the regs that say you can't catch them because it's going to happen ever once in a while while fishing for the cutts and bows but most people don't target them because they are spawning or getting ready to spawn. Kokes have a high mortality rate when caught and most of us just don't want to catch any during the spawn because they know they will likely die before they get a chance to spawn but that being said we have all caught them when they are red during the open season. Since he wasn't here during the time the season was open, I doubt a few more dead kokes will make much difference in the overall success of them spawning.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slaying Blood Red Kokes at the Berry! - by wiperhunter2 - 10-02-2021, 12:16 AM