Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not looking good for our water year
(03-30-2022, 02:54 PM)Boatloadakids Wrote: We should be thankful for the limited water we have now. There was a time in the mid-1930s when Utah Lake had an estimated depth of 7 to 14 inches and the lake was essentially totally drained. Could it happen again? Not likely but it could be a lot worse than it is today. I agree with others, a very wet spring and lots of summer rain would sure help. Not likely that we will get more significant snow this late in the season. The drought makes it tough for those of us who like to fish and recreate on our lakes and streams but the farmers and ranchers are the ones who really suffer. What we really need is another year like 1983-4 when we were concerned about high water and flooding. We prepare the best we can for the highs and the lows and appreciated all those year that are "normal."

More moisture, please.

The Winter of 83-84 was the year I bought my house and there was 4 foot of snow on my roof when I moved in the house in Feb. We had a bad Winter kill that year, that they claimed killed 90% of the deer and I'm not sure they ever recovered from it, at least to the numbers they were before that year. I remember one storm during that Winter that put down 18 inches of snow in 24 hours.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not looking good for our water year - by wiperhunter2 - 03-30-2022, 10:30 PM