Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Report for Friday 2/17/23
(02-18-2023, 03:35 AM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: [font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I guess everyone has what they think is "their spot" on a lake and everyone has a different comfort level of how far away someone should be from someone else. This subject has been discussed many times on this forum.....for decades.  It is similar to a Dodge/Chevy/Ford comparison.  There will never be 100% agreement.  In my opinion is we were far enough away from you since we would not interfere with your equipment or if either of us were fighting a fish. Obviously, you don't agree. I guess we agree to disagree. No harm, no foul. But I've had guys follow me around since they think I have some secret way of catching fish and drill holes literally 6 feet from me before. I just asked them to please reel up their lines if I hooked a fish so I wouldn't tangle lines. However, on open water, I did have a guy from Wyoming use an electric trolling motor to move less than 8' from me between my boat (I was anchored) and the shore to which I was casting. I asked if he just wanted to fish in my boat. I literally could touch his boat with my rod tip. I proceeded to move down the shore 20 yards and kept fishing.[/font]
I would love to have 8' some days i am blessed to be able to spend a ton of time on BL and 90 percent of the anglers are fantastic. My view is if you built a duck blind on public land and someone came and sat next to you im guessing there might be problems. Its a big lake the fish are not only in a 20' circle around a boat or hole have some respect for everyone and ask dont just take

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bear Lake Report for Friday 2/17/23 - by Lundboy54 - 02-19-2023, 05:12 AM
RE: Bear Lake Report for Friday 2/17/23 - by Kent - 02-17-2023, 11:54 PM