Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The DWR saved a life today at Willard 4/6/23
(04-10-2023, 11:26 PM)Therapist Wrote: WE lost a good friend some 30 years ago in an accident at Deer Creek.  He tied up his rig to get the truck and when he came back it had pulled free and drifted off.  He stripped down and swam to it and when he was climbing on board,  he slipped,  hit his chin on the cowling of the big motor and was knocked out.  Did not have his jacket on,  it was still in the boat  when he tied it up.  This was late at night,  he was chasing walleye ( he and another friend set the state record on consecutive nights the week before ) by him self.  I still wear my jacket when getting into and out of the boat now and try to have someone with me.  That second part is getting harder and harder as I am retired and most of my fishing buddies still work.  Glad this turned out positively for you Curt !!  Hope you had a Happy Easter !!
Thanks, me too, I've heard too many stories like your friend, just can't be too careful, this scare will make me change my ways that's for sure, might not get a second chance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The DWR saved a life today at Willard 4/6/23 - by wiperhunter2 - 04-11-2023, 01:02 AM