Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Tubing Trifecta 6-8-23 (With Video)
(06-10-2023, 03:04 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Pat? I have not got a chance to watch the video yet, so when I do it will likely answer the question - but is bug season in full force at the Bay?

Yep.  But in my opinion no worse than in past years.  I have been out once a week for the past few weeks and there seems to be a big midge hatch early in the morning that can be bothersome.  But with a little breeze and with a mesh headnet for an hour or so it is tolerable...at least if the fish are cooperating.

Some of our BFTers are not knowledgeable entomologists and they refer to the midges as "nats" (gnats) or mosquitoes.  Not so.  Midges do not have biting mouth parts.  But they get in your eyes and ears...and mouth.  So you really can do without them.

On the subject of mosquitoes, I have only seen a couple around the ramps while prepping for launch.   And none out on the water.  Still, it is a good idea to bring some good repellent just in case they decide to gang up on ya.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willard Tubing Trifecta 6-8-23 - by TubeDude - 06-09-2023, 06:14 PM
RE: Willard Tubing Trifecta 6-8-23 (With Video) - by TubeDude - 06-10-2023, 03:34 PM