Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Blind at Deer Creek 8-24-23 (wITH VIDIO)
(08-25-2023, 10:29 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote: It makes you wonder if we all turn off our electronics and just went fishing - what would happen

Cookie get away from my deeper chirp castable and aquaview camera. I was only kiddin. She was going up to list them on eBay. And leave my gopro right where it is.

As most BFTers know, I have a vast (maybe half vast) collection of pictures...well organized into multiple categories.  As I wander back through time...photographically...I am reminded that I have had a lot of great fishing trips long before I got overly edumacated and electronically enhanced.

A good example is ice fishing.  I was one of the first in Utah to even have an ice auger...while many wannabees were pounding holes in the ice with axes and spud bars.  And with only an auger, a five gallon bucket and a rod I was able to find and catch grundles of fish of several species.  Can't remember ever getting skunked.  But then there are lots of things I can't remember.  But today on any given ice fishing pond you will see lots of folks with all the fancy modern equipment...and more than a few of them catch few or none.

There's an old saying..."It ain't just the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog."  And when it comes to fishing it is often more about how you use what you know and what you have rather than just having all the modern fad stuff.  Or, as I put it, "A poor fisherman can't catch nuttin' on the hot lure or bait for the day.  But a good fisherman can catch fish on the "wrong" lure or bait."

Good luck with Cookie...and guard your stuff.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fishing Blind at Deer Creek 8-24-23 (wITH VIDIO) - by TubeDude - 08-25-2023, 10:58 PM