Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Blind at Deer Creek 8-24-23 (wITH VIDIO)
(08-29-2023, 01:23 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 11:50 AM)TubeDude Wrote: Thankfully, it was something simple.  I had visions of having to get a (spendy) new transducer.  But it turned out to be a loose connection on the little 10-pin connector in the line that turns one cable into two transducer cables.  I had it taped together but somehow it got pulled apart just enough to cut off the connection.  I could have found the problem and fixed it if I had gone back to shore to get to the wiring behind my seat.  But NOOOOOO.  I just shut it off and kept fishing.  (slaps forehead)
Glad it was something simple but that brings up another question, why do you need a cable that turns one into two transducer cables? I've been looking at a cable that splits the transducer cable from one to two cables, so I can run two fish finders from one transducer but is that what you are doing? Just don't remember seeing two finders on your tube.
Nope.  Just one finder.  But the Garmin Stryker Plus 7 factory setup has the two transducer connections on the back of the display unit (see pic).  So the single wire coming from the transducer goes through a pinned connection splitter.  And each of the two wires has specialized connection ends that will only fit into the right slots.

[Image: CONNECTIONS.jpg]  [Image: PIN-CONNECTOR.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fishing Blind at Deer Creek 8-24-23 (wITH VIDIO) - by TubeDude - 08-29-2023, 02:15 PM