Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another Willard report..Wed. 9-20
So until our waters cool down, we can at least have a little action at Willard..I'm not talking 10, 15, or 20 plus fish days..I don't think this is the time of year to expect that, at least not for me...I'm talking 4,5, or maybe 6 or 7 landed fish...Last Friday it was 3 landed for a friend and I, and today it was 6....4 cats, 1 jumbo perch, and 1 small wiper...nothing great, but good to be on the water and see some poles bending...My best set was still my 2oz bottom bouncer, about 100' back, with chartreus/yellow crawler harness and a juicy nite crawler..even with the tail cut short, I still had 4 lite hits where there was no hook up..my friend also had a couple lite hits like that.. my planer board caught 2, using TD's whirly flig with small nite crawler piece..my buddy caught his perch and cat on bluish crankbait, after he added small pc of nite crawler..Lots of 'down' time for us while trolling this morning, and very few other boats seen on the water..water surface still 68 to 71*...better than sitting at home..Guluk..

Messages In This Thread
Just another Willard report..Wed. 9-20 - by Jmorfish - 09-21-2023, 04:55 AM