Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat
(11-29-2023, 01:48 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: Here is my take:
1) I've had the NOCO 2 bank charger for at least 9 years.  Works flawlessly.  
2) I don't believe the part about LI batteries burning out a motor.  12V is 12V.  Maybe you can run the motor for longer period since the batteries have more reserve capacity than lead batteries, but it simply cannot "burn out" a motor.  I've used LI batteries on very expensive (and very sensitive) equipment where we used lead batteries in the past.  We've never had an issue with ANYTHING except they LI batteries weigh less and they run longer.  
3)  I have also used LI batteries in VERY cold, extended conditions and have not had an issue with them decharging anymore than lead batteries.
i had never heard anything like it also,  but when Carl, the service tech, told me that, I began rethinking Lithium.  I think it needs to be researched more.  About chargers,  I've had a 2 bank Minn Kota on my 1996 Skeeter ( which is for sale by the way ) for the last 15 plus years and have loved it.  When I purchased my Pontoon this past summer I went looking for a charger for it,  36 volt plus the starting battery.  Found a used NORCO 4 bank and it has been doing a good job so far.  Will really give a test this coming year !!  It will not charge Lithium, so another reason that I probably will stay with wet cell batteries !!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lithium Batteries / charger for Boat - by Therapist - 11-29-2023, 05:08 PM